$41.50 National Police Checks ($23 volunteer) Share in secure portal, print at home

Continuing worker verification & alerting service

Continuing worker verification & alerting service

Continuing worker verification & alerting service Continuing worker verification & alerting service

Working with Children Checks vs National Police Checks. Whats the difference?


Why Supplement wwcc checks with national police checks?

Closing Loopholes

There  is no recognition of the validity of checks conducted between any  Australian jurisdictions, including where the checks are ostensibly the  same Jurisdictions which purport to monitor those  who hold approvals only monitor offences within their own jurisdiction,  with interstate and Commonwealth offences only checked at the point of  renewal, every 2-5 years.

This means that a person could hold a valid check, commit an offence against a child in another state, and continue to hold a valid check for up to 5 more years - a gaping hole in the process.

*Supplementing WWCC with continuing  National Police Checks will reduce the threat posed by this loophole*

As noted in the Royal Commission into , two of the major weaknesses in the WWCC system are:

 - Once a person holds a WWCC, the continuous monitoring does not include monitoring of national criminal history records.

- Hence, people are able to ‘forum shop’, whereby a person with adverse records in one jurisdiction may be able to obtain a clearance in another jurisdiction where the adverse records are not available.

*Supplementing WWCC with continuing  National Police Checks will reduce the threat posed by this loophole*

Learn More

Carer Mate provide a single window to view and share the clearance status of care & support workers (or anybody requiring a National Police Check  or a WWCC).

For those Working with the Vulnerable (age 18+) , continuing National Police Checks are all that are currently required. All our care Worker Plans meet this requirement.

For those Working with Children (age<18), you will need to supply your WWCC and Care Mate will supplement this with Continuing National Police Checks. We screen WWCC weekly and  these results are available in App, with updates and alerts included as a part of the Carer Mate service.


If you wish to register as a Care or Support worker who will be working with children, you will need a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).

WWCC are only processed through the statutory organisations in each state – the contact details and websites for more information on the application process can be found below.

Once you have received your check – we welcome you to register with Carer Mate!

Frequently asked questions

Here are a few of the questions we are asked frequently and the "What's in it for me?"


Got a question?

Please feel free to drop us a note by clicking on the button below:

Working with Children Check - Links


New South Wales

The New South Wales Working with Children Check is administered by the Office of the Children’s Guardian.

Phone:           (02) 9286 7219

Email:            check@kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au

Website:         www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check

Address:        Suite 1, Level 13, 418A Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010


The Victorian Working with Children Check is administered by the Department of Justice & Regulation

Phone:            1300 652 879 

Email:             workingwithchildren@justice.vic.gov.au

Website          www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au 

Address:         Working with Children Check Unit

                     Department of Justice and Regulation
                     GPO Box 1915
                     Melbourne VIC 3001


The Queensland Blue Card system is administered by the Public Safety Business Agency.

Phone:           (07) 3211 6999

Email:            https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/contact_form.aspx

Website:         www.bluecard.qld.gov.au

Address:         PO Box 12671, Brisbane Qld 4003

Western Australia

The Western Australian Working with Children Check is carried out by the Department for Child Protection and Family Support.

Phone:           (08) 6217 8100 

Email:            checkquery@cpfs.wa.gov.au 

Website:         www.checkwwc.wa.gov.au

Address:         PO Box 1262, West Perth WA 6872

South Australia

In South Australia, Child Safety is the responsibility of the Department for Education and Child Development.

Phone:           (08) 8463 6468

Email:            DECDChildSafe@sa.gov.au

Website:         www.families.sa.gov.au/pages/protectingchildren/CSEHome/

Address:         GPO Box 1152, Adelaide SA 5001


The Tasmanian Working with Children Registration is carried out by the Working with Vulnerable People registration unit.

Phone:          1300 654 499

Email:          workingwithchildren@justice.tas.gov.au

Website:       www.justice.tas.gov.au/working_with_children

Address:       PO Box 56, Rosny Park Tas 7018   


Northern Territory

The Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance Notice (Ochre Card) is administered by SAFE NT, a unit of the Northern Territory Police.

Phone:           1800 SAFE NT (1800 72 33 68)

Email:            safent.police@nt.gov.au

Website:         nt.gov.au/emergency/community-safety/apply-for-a-working-with-children-clearance

Address:        PO Box 39764, Winnellie NT 0821

Australian Capital Territory

The Australian Capital Territory Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is administered by Access Canberra.

Phone:           (02) 6207 3000

Email:           wwvp@act.gov.au

Website:        www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804

Address:        GPO Box 158, Canberra City ACT 2601